New stove in the design/testing phase at Woodstock Soapstone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burndatwood

May 14, 2014
VT
They don't have a name for it yet, and I neglected to ask when they think it will hit the market. Thought someone might be interested to see it. 2.JPG

I think that's their Franklin Stove that has been on their Blog.
It kinda looks like a Blaze Kings retarded cousin. ;lol Thanks for sharing.

I'm not so sure about that one. I hope the look changes, or maybe they'll make a bunch of it optional.

I'm not so sure about that one. I hope the look changes, or maybe they'll make a bunch of it optional.

The woman who showed it to me did say they were going to change the look of it, I believe. Frankly I was paying more attention to the Ideal Steel, so I'm not 100% sure about that. I agree that I'm not loving the appearance. They have a soapstone stove in their display area from the 1860's that is the model for the new stove, but I don't think they have captured the look of it yet.

Why does it have that big ashlip? Doesn't make any sense considering it doesn't have a door on the front.

Why does it have that big ashlip? Doesn't make any sense considering it doesn't have a door on the front.

They do that sometime to reduce front clearance requirements. That's why there is an ashlip on my Progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.