New stove is in!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve M

Hearth Supporter
Sep 13, 2010
Southern WV
Had the Country st-210 in for a few days now. The installer wanted to do a smoke test wich amounted to a break in kindlin fire for me. Later that night I lit the second break in kindlin fire. Both fires actualy lit the burn tubes off for a minute or two. That was amazing to watch.

Now I need to do my third and last break in fire with about three small splits and a 45 to 60 minute burn. NOT going to do that one while temps are still ranging from mid 60's to mid 80's but am watching the weather channel in anticipation. I have a feeling I'm going to love burning in this stove but for now I can just set and stare at the empty fire box and hope for colder temps. How crazy is that to actualy want cold weather!

On the plus side, I've been worried that my wood wouldn't be quite ready but these warm, windy, low humidity days that we"ve had around here can't be doing nothing but helping on that end. Resplit a few larger splits this morning and am now more confident in it. Been busy getting next years wood in also. Going to be all cherry and black locust with a couple small maples I had to cut just cause they were in my way.

Congratulations on your new stove, now wheres the pics?

Cool stuff, I also have installed a 210, the insert version. I did the first burn last night, had a couple of windows open, exhaust fan in the bathroom going. I brought the temp up real slow, the paint smelled kind of strong but not to the gooy stage. The next burn will be tonight. The neat thing is the fan update with the automatic feature, comes on when the stove gets hot, shuts of when it cools. They did not have this on the last one I had 8 yrs. past. It is truly good to be back to a stove, 3 yrs. since I burned a stove....

Status
Not open for further replies.