New Stove Models

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Burt, from talking with you on the phone, for whatever reason, and I do not know why, but I pictured you with Bowie-like hair to match that accent of yours...:p

Good little stove. Does the control have WI-FI capabilities? Good lookin stove, not sure if it garners over 4k...perhaps. Price isn't everything. What is the emissions rating?

The picture you posted above in the thread shows the doors with hinge right but your demo shows hinge left, are they swappable or did your marketing team flip the pic horizontal?

I was afraid of this... Someone would comment on the hair. Let it be known it's my choice of hair cut and not and I repeat not baldness. I am proactive you see, eventually I'd like to buy a convertible and I cant stand having all this hair wind blown in my face _g

As far as the stove is concerned, it 50K BTU & the specs will be posted shortly. There a lot more cool stuff we'll be doing with the software in the near future and other neat technologies is coming up. Stay tuned... mum's the word!

Door hinge on the Enerzone version is different than the Osburn version. The model in the video is an Osburn.

PS. What accent?

I was afraid of this... Someone would comment on the hair. Let it be known it's my choice of hair cut and not and I repeat not baldness. I am proactive you see, eventually I'd like to buy a convertible and I cant stand having all this hair wind blown in my face _g

As far as the stove is concerned, it 50K BTU & the specs will be posted shortly. There a lot more cool stuff we'll be doing with the software in the near future and other neat technologies is coming up. Stay tuned... mum's the word!

Door hinge on the Enerzone version is different than the Osburn version. The model in the video is an Osburn.

PS. What accent?

Is there gonna be a Drolet equivalent? Some day down the road?

Is there gonna be a Drolet equivalent? Some day down the road?
Eventually... Right now the components and technology is quite expensive. Better & quieter blowers cost more as does the digital display etc...

As it is, an average pellet stove in big box stores cost between $800 - $1,300. Since we do not manufacture in China we cannot offer anything currently in that price point with Drolet Pellet stoves.

However, you are currently able to turn on and check the status of various components manually on Drolet via the control board. That ability has been there for a while but not the level of sophistication we are introducing in the upscale brands.

Very nice stove for those of us that want more control over the burning characteristics. Wish my Quad AE was more tuneable.

Just came across this new stove from Lopi. Wonder what the Rotary feed system is like?
Coming This Fall - New Lopi AGP Pellet Stove

We've designed the new Lopi AGP Pellet Stove to burn "All Grades of Pellets." From the hopper to the ashpan we have designed in features that allow you to burn low grade pellets like most stoves burn only the best fuel. With its unique fuel delivery system we've eliminated many of the maintenance headaches associated with owning a pellet stove.
- over feeding
- fines/blockage
- burn back

Features
- Patent Pending HRD™ rotary feed system
- 80 lb. hopper capacity
- Super efficient airwash
- 57 hour burn time on low
- Heats up to 2,000 sq. ft.

Check one out burning at your local Lopi dealer this Fall.

108028.jpg

Reactions: DexterDay
Just came across this new stove from Lopi. Wonder what the Rotary feed system is like?
Coming This Fall - New Lopi AGP Pellet Stove

We've designed the new Lopi AGP Pellet Stove to burn "All Grades of Pellets." From the hopper to the ashpan we have designed in features that allow you to burn low grade pellets like most stoves burn only the best fuel. With its unique fuel delivery system we've eliminated many of the maintenance headaches associated with owning a pellet stove.
- over feeding
- fines/blockage
- burn back

Features
- Patent Pending HRD™ rotary feed system
- 80 lb. hopper capacity
- Super efficient airwash
- 57 hour burn time on low
- Heats up to 2,000 sq. ft.

Check one out burning at your local Lopi dealer this Fall.

108028.jpg

I wonder if the rotary feed is an agitator in the pot (top feed) or a bottom feed with a rotarty burn pot (every feed cycle, the whole pot spins a little/ like some corn stoves)?

Very interesting.

Bixby Biomass System

The reason you are probably considering a corn stove is to save money on your heating bills. The Bixby Stove is designed to do that better than any other stove while providing features not available anywhere else. It is a pure corn burner too, not requiring you to buy special "burn additives" to help the corn to burn. And because it burns so efficiently, there is less ash to dispose of. The Bixby Stove also has a higher fuel moisture tolerance level, up to 19%!

bixby-diagram.jpg
Maybe it is like this Bixby corn stove, note the "ferris Wheel" that feeds the fuel instead of an auger.

The ferris wheel is what feeds it, but it does just that, it feeds the top chute. Same thing as an auger, but instead of a Spiraled auger, its a round feed wheel. It reverses if it gets jammed and frees itself up.

The reason that Bixbys burn pure corn as well as they do, is the self cleaning mechanism. Its similar to the Mt. Vernon, but instead of extinguishing the fire and dumping the entire pot. The Bixby has a "Cutter". It cuts the clincker/wafer in half and drops the bottom half out, then once it returns to "Home" position, the cutter moves back and fires burns as normal.

St. Croixs Versa Grate is similar also. My Fahrenheit has a system that allows the flame to continue to burn, but pushes the clinker/ash out of the pot.

The Ferris wheel is just a different design to get fuel to the top chute. But its above the fire and affects the flame no differently than a standard auger.

Some older Corn stoves had a Pot that actually turned while burning. These were all bottom fed stoves and fuel was pushed up and spun to help eject ash and clinckers before they became a problem..

nice looking unit fyre! looks like a honey. (being as we arent in the same market i can applaud! ;) ) i'll keep an eye out for your demo!

Hey Mike, one day I need to get to your neck of the wood and you & I share a beer. How 'bout that?

Too bad, I dont come down as far south as you are.

Hey Mike, one day I need to get to your neck of the wood and you & I share a beer. How 'bout that?

Too bad, I dont come down as far south as you are.

if you ever get down here definately let me know , got a great micro nearby with a pretty damned good restaraunt i'll buy.

Reactions: FyreBug
Status
Not open for further replies.