New tank installed, now my fireplaces run at full flameq

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hans747

Dec 31, 2014
Asheville NC
Hi Everyone!

I used to have a 100# tank that I would get refilled at the local gas station. But that became too much work when we installed a second gas log fireplace on our house. I recently upgraded to a 420# tank. I own the tank, but I paid the local propane company to come out and install it along with a new (2-stage) regulator.

But now I noticed that the fireplaces always seem to be running on their highest setting. There is barely any difference in flame height when I turn them down all the way.

Is this normal when going to a larger tank? Is there something I should adjust? Or is the new regulator not... Um, regulating enough?

Have your gas company come back & confirm the gas pressure
coming INTO the gas valves of your appliances.
The regulator may be malfunctioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.