New Tarm UP AND RUNNING...AWESOME

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

garysec

Sep 29, 2008
NEK of Vt
Been reading post for the last few months in anticipation of when mine would be hooked up and running.
Had my first fire Friday night and hasn't stopped burning yet and the oil furnace hasn't made a peep. Everyone
talked of the addiction this creates and they were right. I keep finding myself looking for an excuse to just go
into the basement, spaceout and admire. Still have a modine to hook up and domestic hot water but the wife
loves the 72 degrees with minus outside temps.
All the things I've read on here have helped eliminate many questions and made it much easier. I'm sure I'll
have some questions though.
Can not ask for a much better Christmas present then this.
Merry Christmas everyone and hope for a Happy New Year to all.

Attachments

• IMGP2059 (Small).JPG
    IMGP2059 (Small).JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 578
  • IMGP2062 (Small).JPG
    IMGP2062 (Small).JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 584
  • IMGP2065 (Small).JPG
    IMGP2065 (Small).JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 590
Congratulations! Nice time to enjoy that first fire. Haven't been up to the Northeast Kingdom for a couple of months now. Bet it's pretty cold. That's where I first saw -40 many years ago. At that temperature, I remember that tires 'thump' for a while from the flat spot on the bottom.

Stay warm and enjoy the results of your work.

How sweet it is -- congratulations!

Congratulations. I know I like my EKO and I know the excitement, it's better than the energizer bunny..................................................

nice!!! how about some tubes under the driveway. then you can sit and watch the snow just melt away. just a dream of mine. congratulations enjoy!!

Congratulations on the new addition! :)

Just one question...where does the wood go?

That new design is pretty slick.

Stay Warm.

jp

merry christmas! nice looking install. will you be installing storage? where does the wood go? like a closet? this is the new tarm? they are awesome machines! sweetheat

Now I'm wondering too, where does the wood go?
Does it open up like a refrigerator?

I think the front swings open. From what I understand the front panel is insulated and covers the two chamber doors to stop heat loss. I think when you open the panel it looks like the older tarm,

will you be installing storage? where does the wood go? like a closet? this is the new tarm?

I'm not sure about storage yet but thinking about it. I do think I will have some ideal time especially during warmer temps
and hate to have the system not burning during shoulder season. I haven't had the water temp at the boiler go below 165* and
95% of the time it is easily maintaining 175 - 188, even with it minus 18 this morning.

It is kind of like a fridge or closet, the front opens up exposing the doors and yes it is the new tarm.

Very nice!

I'm not a boiler guy, but it has to be good that when it's in the basement, any heat it does lose goes to the house.

You say it's like a fridge, does it have a light in the firebox that always mysteriously be on when the door is open?

I'm sure it has that same nice bright light that your Solo 40 has when you open your door..... :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.