New Timber Ridge, installation questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty273

Hearth Supporter
ok, took the plunge and purchased a refurbished Timber Ridge 55-TRP10 on ebay. Now looking at the installation. The stove will be installed in a finished basement replacing an old woodburner. the existing chimney has to come down because it's pulling away from house, not properly build by previous owner. Is there a minimum vertical rise for the vent pipe for the stove? There is an existing 8" flue thimble going through the wall approx. 5' from floor, which is 2' above ground level outside. Do I need to go up on the outside or just a cap on the end of the horizontal pipe? Also could someone tell me where to find the dimensions of the stove so I can find the distance from the floor of the vent outlet. And lastly the stove comes with the OAK kit but I will need to add extra pipe to the kit to go high enough to go outside. What type of pipe do I need for the outside air intake and what size should it be?

thanks in advance for any help or suggestions,

Steve.

there shouldnt be a problem with the venting as long as you dont use more than 90 degree elbows and the clean out tee counts as one
here is a web site like for the owners manual

http://www.englandsstoveworks.com/manuals/25-PDVC.pdf

yes it is for your stove two some one may be able help with the size to.

Status
Not open for further replies.