New to me wood stove choices....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nathan125

Nov 18, 2013
idaho
I currently am on my third year with running a Sweet Home Alpine, made in 1985, has a baffle. My house is built in the 70's with new windows and is single level 1200 sq ft rancher. I like the stove and it keeps us warm overall but it seems like I have to load it up a couple times a night. The firebox just isn't very big.
I came into possession of a Earth Stove 906/1002 wood stove. It has a half ass baffle built in but it's a much bigger stove, I want to be able to load it up and night and not mess with it for a good while.
I also can get a WonderWood circulator 2601 but I know nothing about them....

Wood is my only source of heat. My wood pile is split and stacked and a couple years old mixed hardwood.

I am just wondering what to do and whats the best course of action.