New to pellet stoves, having some problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gwitt

Dec 31, 2021
Ohio
I just bought a house and it came with a countryside baby magnum. We've been burning pellet in it for about a month now, and was doing great but this past week it's been half burning a lot and overflowing the burn pot constantly.

I've done a full clean out to what the Manual suggests. It does seem that it might not be getting enough air flow. I'm completely lost here on what to do. Any suggestions that the manual might not cover?

If it was running good and now is half burning then 9 out of 10 times it is an airflow thing.

Make sure that your complete exhaust path is clean as well as any chambers in the stove.

I have a USSC and a Pellet Pro and they both have a gap behind the back wall of the burn chamber. The PP has removable back panels to clean behind it. My USSC has 2 small doors that open to get to the area.

The easiest/fastest way I have found to clean the exhaust and these areas of the stoves is using a leaf blower. If you Google leaf blower pellet stove cleaning you will find how to do it. Basically you use the vacuum feature of a leaf blower to such the ash out of the exhaust. You will still need to vacuum out the burn chamber area.

01C57DDA-9512-44A1-9FA8-932AC52E0FF4.jpeg
if the stove is vented through the roof blowing it our from the inside works well.

My 2 are vented out the exterior wall, so I can get to the outside vent easily.

I use a leaf blower that has a vac feature to suck the ash out. Probably not the best thing for the leaf blower electrical though.

I just bought a house and it came with a countryside baby magnum. We've been burning pellet in it for about a month now, and was doing great but this past week it's been half burning a lot and overflowing the burn pot constantly.

I've done a full clean out to what the Manual suggests. It does seem that it might not be getting enough air flow. I'm completely lost here on what to do. Any suggestions that the manual might not cover?
If you do a keyword search for Baby Countryside, you'll find almost all the info you need. Jeremy is right. It's all about airflow. The leafblower trick does a great job but to clean your Baby properly you need to clean on top of the horseshoe where ash is deposited and cuts down the airflow.