New to the site and I have a couple questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bet that makes a major difference in your heating. It looks great there. I was ok with the install till I heard "stove pipe silicone" There's no such thing for direct contact with single-wall wood stove pipe. It gets too hot for silicone. You need to use furnace cement if you want to seal the joints. If you start noticing bad fumes at high temps, that is where I would look first.

Thanks the stuff I have says it is for wood and pellet stoves and is good for 600* I cranked it up as hot as I could get it and I just looked at it and it looks fine.

Mike

Advised a guy three years ago not to do it. A week later he came back and said "Brotherbart warned me. We were sitting on the couch when it went poof.".

There is no silicone on the planet that can survive over 800 degree temps. And that happens in stove pipes every day of the week on startups and reloads.

Thanks for the input I bought the Royale and here is her first burn.

Mike

saweeeet!!! looks like it was made to fit there. nice install great stove. I think you'll like her, longer burn times from a bigger firebox, you need that to be able to get heat around that big house

Now THAT is a sexy install. The looks blend in very well. Congrats on a fine stove. When that silicone finally drops on top of that stove, you ain't gonna like it.

I am not sure it is silicone it is in a tube and is the consistency of silicone it says it is for pipe joints right on the tube and says it is for wood & pellet stoves I paid $15 for a fairly small tube from my stove supplier for this application. Even if it melts it won't fall on the stove top it would seep into the pipe. I have had this stove really hot testing it out and it looks just like it did when I put it on.

Last night I reloaded it twice once @ 1AM and again @ 6AM it had plenty of coals both times I am happy so far and it puts out huge heat I purchased the fan kit for it and it really pushes out some heat. I don't think the heat pump has kicked on since I fired it up. It has not been real cold yet so time will tell.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.