new to the stove world

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart

Mar 10, 2006
Bethany Ct
i heard good and bad thing about the stove are they true??? i am looking at the little rascal is it anygood?? i have a good local dealer near me he raves about them .he was the only one who had pellets all winter.....

Stuart. I'm not familiar with the Country Flame, so this is just generic advice. You're doing the right thing by asking questions of the man (or woman) that owns one. Some salesmen will tell you whatever you want to hear. See if you can get a list of some customers that this stove has been recently sold to in your area and call them up. Even a great stove with a bad installation or service can be a painful process. So ask about their satisfaction with the dealer as well as the stove Are you considering burning wood pellets or corn, or both?

Here's a recent thread that might be helpful to you:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/1575/P0/

As time goes on pellet products are becoming more and more equal in their quality, warranty etc. I think it is becoming increasingly important to find a quality dealer. Someone that know their products, stocks adequate replacement parts, and doesn't send a hardly trained moron to install or service your stove. Look for NFI (national fireplace institute) certified folks while the certification is not required to install a stove, 24 of the top manufacturers in the industry recommend that NFI certified people install and service their products. It also shows a higher level of dedication and understanding of their craft. Don't get me wrong there are dealers and installers out there worth their salt that don't have these certifications but I bet they're working on or considering getting them. Also educate yourself find out what common installation practices are and read the manual of the stove you're thinking about purchasing. THey're typically avalilable on line free of charge. You've definately come to the right place to start your purchasing process.

Status
Not open for further replies.