New to using a wood burning stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

swillis1106

Mar 14, 2017
germantown, oh
Hi Everyone! My husband and I bought a house that has a wood burning stove and we are really excited to use it, but a little scared. This is our first home and we know absolutely nothing about how to use the stove. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I attached a picture of our stove. (Sorry for the mess, the seller is still cleaning his stuff out.)

Attachments

• WOOD STOVE.jpg
    WOOD STOVE.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 167
Second, make sure that when you are ready to burn, that the wood is dry enough. 20% moisture or less is best. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3rd use it as a fireplace only. 4th don't use the fan mounted in the smoke pipe above the stove you will have chimney draft issues with it blocking up.