New Toy For New Forum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a new Toy for going up in the Mtns. to get Wood. A 4-Wheeler , every time someone posted a picture of one made me want one even more.

Took off today and found a dead Chestnut Oak c/s right on the spot and brought home and stacked in my Oak stack to be used in 4 or 5 years from now, and yes I am that far ahead.View attachment 63807
Very nice machine,will open up a whole new realm of possibilities for a serious woodburner.The Polaris is an awesome machine,I just got a new Suzuki 400asi,seems like they run forever if maintained. Your Polaris will serve you well. PS you'll be getting a bigger cart soon,guaranteed.

I like the bars around the racks. I need to figure out something on mine.

I built a wooden box for my buddy's ATV . . . sealed it up nicely and put on three coats or so of paint . . . I did it as an experiment . . . as I then had my cousin (a professional welder) make me a similar box out of stainless diamond plate. The box is a low box so my headlight clears it, but it can easily hold all my gear without the need to bungy things down . . . although I do use tie downs if I'm riding a fair distance or at high speeds. The box is designed to easily go on and off with just a few nuts on U-bolts.

The truly surprising thing is I built my buddy's box as a mock-up . . . and he still has it and uses it . . . it has held up very well. I still like the stainless diamond plate look better though.

RE: The cart. That cart should work fine, providing the ground is dry or firmed up. This time of year the cart I have similar to that would however cut in deep and cause a lot of ruts on the very wet ground up this way. I ended up beefing up a similar cart (well my more talented cousin did at least) . . . he beefed up the suspension and added two car tires -- specifically two tires off a Saab that have worked out a bit better for me.

I built a wooden box for my buddy's ATV . . . sealed it up nicely and put on three coats or so of paint . . . I did it as an experiment . . . as I then had my cousin (a professional welder) make me a similar box out of stainless diamond plate. The box is a low box so my headlight clears it, but it can easily hold all my gear without the need to bungy things down . . . although I do use tie downs if I'm riding a fair distance or at high speeds. The box is designed to easily go on and off with just a few nuts on U-bolts.

The truly surprising thing is I built my buddy's box as a mock-up . . . and he still has it and uses it . . . it has held up very well. I still like the stainless diamond plate look better though.

Got a pic of either?

Got a pic of either?

Not right here . . . I'll see if I can get a shot this weekend . . . maybe even a posed shot of it loaded up with my cutting gear.

Love my Griz - had a smaller 2 wheel yamy for 25 years and sold it for 500.00 after it quit runing and finally upgraded to this one. Take care of it with basic maintenance and it will serve you well for a long time.

Attachments

• Quadsawbridge.jpg
    Quadsawbridge.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 134
Got a new Toy for going up in the Mtns. to get Wood. A 4-Wheeler , every time someone posted a picture of one made me want one even more.
Took off today and found a dead Chestnut Oak c/s right on the spot and brought home and stacked in my Oak stack to be used in 4 or 5 years from now, and yes I am that far ahead.View attachment 63807

Very cool cptoneleg. Congrats on the new machine.

Sure there were. Maybe a little before your time.;)

Just a little Jon. I've seen several pictures of similar vehicles. But the real snow machines came in strong during the late 1960's. I think our first one was a Ski Doo 1967 model.

Status
Not open for further replies.