New trailer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Wendell, I guess I should have just said 1/9th cord. Or maybe 1/3 face, but that's un-pc around here. :cheese:
Funny you guys are mentioning the shorter daylight hours. I was out doing some cutting yesterday, and it hit me too....it's getting dark a little sooner . Funny how that happens every year.
Jeez, next thing you know, it'll be getting cool enough to have a fire in the stove, and then the snow will start.
Dennis, I like that cart. It has more load cap. than mine...I think about double. Less expensive too.
Cabela's, huh? First time I went, saw a gas powered mixer upstairs. Laughed my azz off thinking of all the "campers" in the woods making frozen daiquiri's.

Bert, I admit the Otter does look great but went with this as was a dollar saver and appears to be built well. It also is quiet like yours.

GolfandWoodNut, this is funny. I called Cabela to ask what kind of a hitch this had. "Is it a ball hitch or a wagon hitch?" They said they'd check and about 3 minutes later they came back on the phone and asked if I meant for the trailer or the extra axle. Duh..... the axle.... It does have the wagon hitch so no ball hitch needed.

I won't be hauling much wood in this thing before winter and will try to remember to report again then. The thing went together fairly easily except some instruction was wrong. Also I had to do a bit of grinding because I could not get one cotter pin in the axle as the hole had been drilled a bit off center and could not get the cotter pin through. Also had to twist the zerks so I could grease the axle. Minor stuff. It appears to be built solid and is fairly heavy for the size of it. I like that you can remove the side racks so it should make loading the larger blocks of wood a bit easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.