New Wood Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntindog1

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2011
South Central Indiana
My Brother-n-Law just bought 100 acres that was just logged before the sale.

He told me to have at it as there should be around 800 to 1000 tree tops in there.

That will keep you out of trouble for a long time! Happy cutting to you. I hope it is oak.

Reactions: ScotO
Congrats nice score.

I was hunting on a woods that got logged. Man what a mess in there. Lots of great firewood though.

Nice. Alot of branches and leaves but well worth it.
Usually alot of 4 and 5 inch rounds. Great.

Sounds like you need to go look it over,
cut some wood
& post some pictures :)

Here is a pic of the first red oak tree top we cut on as it was one that was easy to get to. It fell out into the field.

Thats my son with his Husky 44 in hand.

Attachments

• 2012-12-01_15-12-03_70.jpg
    2012-12-01_15-12-03_70.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 124
I plan on trying to get a few years ahead on my own wood. I dont sell wood.

You ought to be able to get quite a bit ahead with that score......just keep in mind, that oak is gonna take a few years to season out. I'd be splitting everything over 5" diameter at least once, to help it season. I like having lots of little rounds in my stacks (2" to 4"), I have them scattered all through my stacks and I put a couple in the stove each morning to get it fired up and going off of the coals....

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.