1. Steenbeen

Steenbeen
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2015
    Loc:
    Okoboji, IA
    Following.

Has anyone tried using one of these? Not to hijack a thread, but I recently installed a corn stove in my finished basement and have the same problem. These look like they may work well to move heat from a basement to the next level above.

airshare-img.jpg

2. jeffesonm

jeffesonm
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 29, 2012
    Loc:
    central NJ
    I tried the second stove in the uninsulated basement for a year and it got old, real quick. Agree most of the heat goes out the walls and into the floor.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jeffesonm

jeffesonm
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 29, 2012
    Loc:
    central NJ
    I tried the second stove in the uninsulated basement for a year and it got old, real quick. Agree most of the heat goes out the walls and into the floor.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. WV_Wood_Chopper

WV_Wood_Chopper
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 2, 2015
    Loc:
    Parkersburg, West Virginia
    That looks pretty neat. Worth looking into.

5. BIGDADDY

BIGDADDY
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

May 17, 2012
    I insulated my basement walls with blue board foam insulation. I used 3 inches total and it made a "HUGE" difference. Heats up faster and stays warm longer and with less wood burned. I would advise anyone if they are going to put a wood stove in the basement to insulate the basement walls first. It's not cheap but it's worth it.

6. WV_Wood_Chopper

WV_Wood_Chopper
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 2, 2015
    Loc:
    Parkersburg, West Virginia
    Don't you need to cover that with a fire retardant material? Or if it is considered an unfinished basement is that not required?

7. BIGDADDY

BIGDADDY
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

May 17, 2012
    Yes you're suppose to