New wood stove install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dfdsc68

Feb 24, 2019
Milford PA
morning everyone. I currently have a pellet stove i cant seem to get into. Looking to switch over to a free standing wood stove this summer. I have a chalet style home with 14/12 pitch. Cathedral ceiling with 4ff bump out crawl spaces on each end. I can go through the roof but im not against going through the wall
However, my service power line comes in very close to where the piping would go up the side of the house. Can i run a 45 off my stove to a “ “horizontal” run then out the wall to offset the exiting location away from power supply outside? Being the pitch of the roof is so severe i would have plently of vertical length for draft just curious if a 45* elbox, about 3-4 feet horizontal to a 90* then the tee and straight up

3-4 ft horizontal heading into a tee is going to slow down the flue gases substantially. Going straight up is much preferred. It usually costs less and looks better too.