New Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snipersdad

Jan 8, 2013
So I bought this great wood stove and am hoping someone here my know how the brick pattern inside may go. The original bricks are pretty broken up. The stove appears to be older but here is the information on the tag.
Looking forward to getting this started up I may actually be able to heat my whole house finally

The Frontier Model L
Serial # 8A00123

Attachments

• 1236072_10151843337439470_1639412740_n.jpg
    1236072_10151843337439470_1639412740_n.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 207
Do you think the over firing has damaged it?

Doubtful. Frontier stoves were very very heavy duty.

As far as the bricks, you will probably have to just mess with them until something works. Keep in mind that the bottom ones don't have to fit tightly at all - you can use sand or just let it fill with ash in-between them. Same goes to a degree on the sides - not a big deal if they don't fit tightly.

Also, in case they are so broken up that it is not obvious.

I'd put the sides in first, then the bottoms. That way the bottoms support the sides and keep them from kicking out.

Reactions: snipersdad
Thanks guys the advice is great. I will keep looking to try and find a diagram that will show it. Ive never had bricks in a fireplace. My other one was so small it didnt have them

Also, in case they are so broken up that it is not obvious.

I'd put the sides in first, then the bottoms. That way the bottoms support the sides and keep them from kicking out.

Many of those stoves have retainers for the tops of the firebrick, to keep them from falling inwards. Generally it's just a thin piece of metal bent like an inverted "L"... If yours does has the retainer(s), that will tell you whether or not the bottoms go in first, or the sides do. If there are no retainers, do like pen said...

Reactions: snipersdad
Status
Not open for further replies.