New ZC fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bcaul50

Aug 6, 2017
Canada
im building a new home 1300sq on the main floor with a full walkout basement. The house will be insulated with 5" spray foam, and will have a propane furnace. I was looking at a chinook free standing wood stove but it does not work with my floor plan. I'm now looking at wood burning fireplaces, which zc fireplaces have the longest burn times? I have looked around a lot and I can't find any to impressive

The bigger the firebox - the better for longer burn times. There are only a handful of ZC fireplace options with a 'large' firebox.

1) Quadrafire 7100
2) Montecito Estate
3) Napoleon NZ6000
4) FPX 44 Elite (catalytic)

These four have large fireboxes as far as ZC FP's go and have gotten positive reviews from Hearth members. This should be a good place to start. I hope this helps.

Matt

With a very well insulated house and not a lot of sq. ftg. I think the bigger priority should be avoiding overheating the place. For starters take a look at the 2 cu ft ZC fireplaces like the RSF Pearl and the Pacific Energy FP16.

Reactions: WoodyIsGoody
The size 30 chinook would be more than adequate for what you are describing in the north half of Alaska.

May I please inquire why it wont work with your floor plan?