Newbee.. Magnum 3502 insert ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

porkfarm

Sep 14, 2009
Southern NH
Seems I can get Magnum 3502 insert with 1 ton of Pellets for under 2400 bucks. With the 1500 tax credit, that makes for what seems like a good deal. Sure, I have seen other stoves that I like much better, but also cost 1K + more.

I just can't seem to find a review on a Magnum 3502.

If I knew that I would be staying in NH. more than a few years; I would go top of the line; but I think I only have a few more years before I head south. ( ROI is a big player here. )

Anybody care to throw 2 cents in ?

porkfarm said:
Seems I can get Magnum 3502 insert with 1 ton of Pellets for under 2400 bucks. With the 1500 tax credit, that makes for what seems like a good deal. Sure, I have seen other stoves that I like much better, but also cost 1K + more.

I just can't seem to find a review on a Magnum 3502.

If I knew that I would be staying in NH. more than a few years; I would go top of the line; but I think I only have a few more years before I head south. ( ROI is a big player here. )

Anybody care to throw 2 cents in ?

First of all, welcome to the forum Pork. Yep, your right....no reviews or info on that stove here, or anywhere else I can find...hmmmm. Might want to consider another stove with more information available. You don't want to buy a "pig in a poke" :lol:

As for your figures on the "tax credit", let me correct you on one fact....you don't get an automatic $1500 back. The tax credit is "30%, up to $1500". Assuming you'd pay roughly $270/ton for pellets (which aren't covered in the tax credit), you're left with a stove that costs about $2130 x 30% = approx $640 tax credit. So, effectively, the stove would "cost" you around $1490.

Thanks for the info and welcome ! I think it might be a rebranded Englander as it is at HD.

With that in mind. If I spend the money and get the stove I like with install, I figure close to 5K. Then I could get the full 30% up to 1500 ?

Now the big problem. Harmon, Quad, Lopi ? Insert or Cast Iron Freestand ? By the time I read all these post, It will be spring time.

I like the Mt. Vernon look, but not the reviews.

And on top of that. This is going in a see-thru fireplace... Oh my head.. It's going to take a month of Sundays to figure this one out.

porkfarm said:
..... I think it might be a rebranded Englander as it is at HD.........

I don't think so, although maybe Mike Holton will chime in and confirm this. Here is the company website, and they mention that they have "manufacturing" going on there.

www.americanenergysystems.com/index.cfm

Interesting that you saw it in a HD....I've only seen Englanders there

Status
Not open for further replies.