Newbie Help how to Connect 6 inch hole to 5.5 inch chase

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Deegan

Mar 17, 2013
Hello and Thanks to all of you who have contributed to my stalking. Have been reading for several week, after coming across a great Craigs List deal deal on a Hampton HI 300 insert. You guidance here convinced to go full stainless steel chase, insulated and just got done building a damper cover. (Ended up breaking out some brick in the bacl of the box to run the chase).

Doing this all myself, but my brick mason neighbor is keeping a close eye on me.

Here is my dilemma. I have a 5.5 inch flexible chase, and I need to connect it to the 6 inch hole on top of the Hampton. I assumed I could find a 6 inch to 5.5 inch adapter, and I have had no luck. I now have a stailess steel snake sticking out of my fireplace looking to connect to the stove.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make that connection? I can get some 6 inch black pipe, but I don't like the idea of jury rigging the connection to the flex pipe. I have to believe thare is an easy answer here, and that folks do this every day.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks

Chris

Wow Thanks for the fast response. Yes, I am referring to the liner.

The image looks good, but here is what confuses me. Is the "crinkled" portion facing down the 6 inch portion? That would make sense (and the upper band would tighten around the liner). If that is the case, why is the upper portion actually wider? I want to be sure this works before I spend the 40 bucks.

Thanks again.

chris

Well the picture is a stock picture, it isn't of the actual part. The one you will need is larger on the bottom crimped end. That is definitely the one you need. The description says "The male connection on this connector is 6 inch OD. The female end accepts 5.5 inch (ID) flex pipe." The male end is the end that points down and slides into the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.