Newbie here, ready for dumb questions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamaha_gurl

Aug 31, 2008
Ontairo
Hi Guys!

So my bf and I have decided that we want a pellet stove, we've been researching a tiny bit...that's how we came across this forum, and must I say, it's been a great source of information!

The thing that I don't understand is the piping. I'm confused because in some pictures I see that there is a pipe going above the stoves, and in others there isn't one...I'm thinking it's right behind the stove. So how many pipe are needed? We are looking at the TimerRidge TPR 55...(not too sure about those numbers), and it states that it comes with an outside air kit. Is that all that is needed?

Help please :)

Read the sticky posts at the top of this forum - most pellet stoves have their venting from the rear, so that may be why you don't see it. The air intake is also located there. Intake air is sometime optional....

But the venting must be Pellet Vent Pipe, a double wall system made for these stoves. Ideally, it will go either up through the ceiling or roof - or else out through the sidewall according to the owners manual (download and read it before purchase)...

It is always beneficial to have the pipe rise up at least 5 feet - as this may help eliminate some potential problems.

And...welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.