Newbie - Timber Ridge - 55-TRP22 - Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cod

Nov 19, 2014
Western, NC
New to posting, however I am been lurking around this board for the last 6 months or so.

Just have a couple of questions, I purchased a Timer Ridge 55-TRP22 stove from AMFM a few days ago.
I am getting ready to purchase the pipe to install this stove in front of my existing masonary fire place.

My flue is brick / block lined about halfway up, then it turns to clay tiles the rest of the way up, total length of the flue is about 12 feet, and it has a diameter of 11 in x 11 in.

So my plan is to run a solid pipe out of the back of the stove, put a clean out T and then go up from there. What type of pipe should I use to go up with? Flex or Rigid? Should I insulate the pipe? Do you have any recommendations on where to purchase this pipe? There aren't many local options around my area.

I will be removing the dampener and closing off the hole in the flue with a piece of fiber board. Should I insulate above this board?

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the forum ... sorry no one got back to you

Here's the manual: http://www.englanderstoves.com/manuals/25-PDVEand25-PDV.pdf Despite the pdf name it is the 55 TRP22 also.

Page 10 Existing Flue ... An outside air kit is mandatory so you will have to figure that out too.

You might be OK on your EVL (Equivalent vertical length) so you will have to calculate that out better (vertical section = 1/2' per foot, horizontal = 1' per foot, 90 = 3, T may be 5 but not positive). 15 or more means 4" pipe.

I used these folks for the bio-vent I used as they have a specific adapter for my stove but not sure how their liner prices compare...
http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/50405/Chimney-Liners.html

Remember surge protector, Smoke and CO detector, fire extinguisher in the stove room away from the stove ... keep your family and stove safe!

Keep us posted and pics of that install or it didn't happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.