Newbie to Heat N Glo Northstar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcurley

Nov 11, 2014
Long Island, NY
I just had new construction built and had a Northstar put in and the thing is gorgeous. I have been looking through the forums and found a lot of tips on using it most efficiently. I have a question about the ACC (automatic combustion control) and the ACC over ride. When I set the automatic combustion control all the way to the right and open up the damper, where should the ACC over ride be? I would think on the right, but I am not sure. Is the ACC over ride being used while the ACC in engaged? I am trying to go for the most efficient fire and long overnight burn times.

I also had a cord of wood delivered and found that the oakk takes a lot longer to season than other woods. Its still pretty wet when burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.