• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it!!!!!!!

is that a truck behind it or a conveyor?

SolarAndWood said:
is that a truck behind it or a conveyor?

That is a truck that we were working on (blown engine).

This is what happens when you have too much time and beer on your hands! Me and a buddy had been wanting to make a splitter for a year or so.
One day he comes home with a chunk of 10"X10" 1/2" steel tube for the tank. We welded end plates for it and mounted sealed front bearings for a Pontiac 6000 to the ends. Originally he was just going to mount the motor out of the old Wheel Horse on a pad on the front side of the tank. As a joke on day he took the front clip from the tractor and set it over the motor. Game On!
The tires and rims came from a Ford BroncoII and it has Chevrolet hub caps. The hood flips up for access to the motor. The seat is supported off the tank and swivels so you can set in it while splitting and is also removable. The steering wheel and shaft was cut off and is removable. The upright muffler is non-functional although the flapper is slightly weighted so when it is running it opens up.

Pump,ram.valve and hydraulics were bought at TSC. It is slightly tongue heavy but tows like a dream. He got stopped by a State Policeman one day speeding while towing it. The Policeman came up and said "I just stopped you because I wanted to see it!
We have had a lot of people look at it and say "Cool you can drive it back to the woods"!
Wanna see the empty beer cases?

Gary

Very cool. Thanks for posting !

Oh wow! That thing is so cool!

One of the neatest home-made splitters I have ever seen posted here.

So what brand is it? A Pontordlet Horse 6000 version 2.0? :) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.