newfangled handheld electronic items

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
*posted from my iPhone*

That's just for you BB

Congrats.

*posted from my iToilet*

Retired Guy said:
Phones should receive and make calls. The pea green western electric on the wall doesn't take pictures or text. Upgraded to a "dumb" phone" the other day from a "really dumb" phone. Old one didn't do text. New one does but I don't, has a camera, so do I, my 35MM Nikon is better but Kodak is looking to go bottoms up. The phone sucks but the battery works. In all, I call it a plus!

I get the same sort of feelings sometimes. Everyone of my gadgets requires a learning curve and considerable effort to make good on its capabilities. My iPhone will do more than I need it to do, and there is huge potential available for me, if only I am willing to invest the time and effort to learn how to make use of it. I don't get calls I do not want on it, but the equivalent to the pea green phone on the land line gets them all the time. If it is not a fax, it does not get answered. My 35MM Canon works better than the 5 megapixel camera in my iPhone, but it will not go in my pocket, and Kodak has been pretty much consigned to history as an old and labor intensive technology.

Retired Guy said:
Phones should receive and make calls. The pea green western electric on the wall doesn't take pictures or text. Upgraded to a "dumb" phone" the other day from a "really dumb" phone. Old one didn't do text. New one does but I don't, has a camera, so do I, my 35MM Nikon is better but Kodak is looking to go bottoms up. The phone sucks but the battery works. In all, I call it a plus!

Sometimes I think I was born 20 or 30 years too late . . . my wife and I have a cell phone . . . I'm not even sure if I can text . . . I know it doesn't take photos . . . than again it's a pre-pay Tracfone and we rarely use it so we have something like a bazillion free minutes built up on it from rolling over the minutes from year to year.

I have a work-assigned cell phone . . . it takes pics . . . but being government issue I don't think the folks in charge ever figured out how to get the photos off the phone and to a computer.

FWIW . . .
3603XLarge.gif

You can't read books on it, or call anyone. But a PERFECT cappucino EVERY time???

Priceless!! Well, $2,999 actually :cheese:

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
FWIW . . .

You can't read books on it, or call anyone. But a PERFECT cappucino EVERY time???

for $2999 it better fold laundry...and if it does, I'm gettin one....cappucino or not.

There's almost too much to choose from. I got a pre-owned eary generation iPod touch from a friend at a very good price. It won't load all the newest apps. but can still get quite a lot for it...but of course it doesn't do phone calls. I also have a small 7" Android tablet and got kindle download for that, you can get the kindle books but it also does much more for not a lot more price. I just wanted to experiment with both systems at a not too expensive entry level. iPod works the smoothest but the other is ok.

My thoughts are...having it all in one device is great for not carrying around too much stuff...but then the more you use it the quicker the battery goes. My phone is just average but does a couple games...if I use them I find I'm worrying about battery life, so I prefer to use the phone for phone and have a secondary small device for entertainment (iPod) or the tablet if I have more room.

If a lot of games are wanted consider the hand held DS or PSP.

I guess the main point is to decide what it would be most used for.

Fifi

Delta-T said:
ISeeDeadBTUs said:
FWIW . . .

for $2999 it better fold laundry...and if it does, I'm gettin one....cappucino or not.

At that price it better come with an attractive barista. WA state has some standards on this ya know.

Attachments

• bikini-barista-washington.jpg
    bikini-barista-washington.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 121
BeGreen said:
At that price it better come with an attractive barista. WA state has some standards on this ya know.

Two more great reasons I want to move to PNW

Dunkin Donuts coffee is horrible after being in Seattle. And the baistas . . .
2009937399.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.