Newly installed Newmac. Cracked fire box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SKIN052

Minister of Fire
Nov 12, 2008
Appleton, Newfoundland
Newmac NS-220e installed this fall. Smoke seeps out the seams in the back with the door open. Anyone heard of this before with a newmac.

Attachments

• 55309121.jpg
    55309121.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 2,619
It looks like there may be a port/cover for a timer assembly on back. Is that possibly where the smoke is coming from (bad or missing gasket)? Or do you see a visible crack? Does it do this all the time or just under certain conditions? Have you called the dealer about the issue?

Besides this problem, how has the stove worked for you? How well does the thermostatic control work?

Great question. I do not think it is the back thermostat. The stove has preformed poorly from day one. Leads me to believe it's been cracked from day one.

Sounds like it may be a warranty issue. Did you buy local from a dealer? If so, I'd be knocking on their door.

Sounds like it may be a warranty issue. Did you buy local from a dealer? If so, I'd be knocking on their door.
Do people even have doors anymore or do they all just reside on the internet? ;)