nice install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mik_kane

Feeling the Heat
Dec 14, 2012
NEPA Poconos
I saw this on C/L

01010_ldrUMaF9xwu_600x450.jpg 00P0P_kHopdLbt8a_600x450.jpg 01414_3sGfcmIVmw1_600x450.jpg

Just dont have any words !

That OSB isn't exposure rated ;)

I notice he added some tape to the joints in the 2nd photo. At least he addressed the safety concern:rolleyes:

It's all good, since he's using an OAK, and I bet there's a surge protector on there that we can't see with a clean sine wave UPS! /s

other than the window code violation and the glaring shock on first sight, it looks like a pretty wood install.

That plastic bucket supporting the air supply will probably void the warranty but looks good otherwise.

Reactions: Countryboymo
It's no different than a window mount pellet stove! (Not that they are a bright idea either!)

other than the window code violation and the glaring shock on first sight, it looks like a pretty wood install.
What's the code violation?

That's just wrong, MY pellet stove install pictures on Craigslist should not have been shared here!

I quit!

Bill

Reactions: newbieinCT
Except for melting the window blinds it really ain't all that bad.

Can't open the window and the OSB and paneling is probably less flammable than the paper and paint on a sheetrock wall if he had run it through that.

Reactions: boomhour
<sigh> the code violation concerning the window is the manual states not to vent within the clearance requirement of the NFPA 211 requirement of 4 ft unless its carried a minimum of a foot higher than the window

<sigh> the code violation concerning the window is the manual states not to vent within the clearance requirement of the NFPA 211 requirement of 4 ft unless its carried a minimum of a foot higher than the window
maybe should look something like this if near a window? althought with those big ass Radiators and volume of water to be heated, can't blame him tryin to save $$$

Attachments

• IMG_1837.JPG
    IMG_1837.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1840.JPG
    IMG_1840.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 182
a house on fire is a warm house, right?

Even if the window is inoperable?

Status
Not open for further replies.