Nice Magnetic Hex Quick Change Bit Set for working on Pellet Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Lowe's and Home Depot have them but not a nice set of Magnetic ones with a cool holder. :-(

Found this at Tractor Supply and it did not say if it was Quick Change. I brought it home and to my surprise it is! ! ! LOL

Now the bolts of an exhaust blower can be whipped on or off without them wondering into the cracks of the stove! ! ! LOL

Click to Enlarge!

Attachments

• MagHexQuickChangeBits.JPG
    MagHexQuickChangeBits.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 197
Reactions: IHATEPROPANE
You may as well buy them from Harbor Frieght! ! !LOL

Good luck with those working in the long run! ! !LOL

Whoa, calm down...don't talk about Harbor Freight that way...she's like my ex girlfriend. I shouldn't stick up for her but I still have a soft spot for her...lol. I think that a lot of hype is put in to expensive tools. I use very expensive tools at work...and I hit them repeatedly with hammers or use them as pry bars to move 5000lb machinery. But I doubt I would be applying massive amounts of torque to my pellet stove fasteners that are primarily attached to sheet metal. If the cheapo nut drivers stripped out tightening a screw in sheetmetal they are either:
A: made out of sheetmetal
B. being used incorrectly and you need to fix the sheetmetal you ruined.

To each his own, not trying to start an argument, I just think that for removing blowers and the like it's not necessary for a "homeowner" to buy "professional" tools just because they cost more. Trust me, I have customers who make drill bits and hand tools with three different names on them. Prices range based on the name. My ego is not threatened by the brand of my tools, only by the Hello Kitty sticker my daughter put on the back window of my truck. Nice find IMHO.

Reactions: IHATEPROPANE
I still buy tools at HF, however this is with the thought that I will probably not be able to use it a second or thrd time....Don 2222 is a home owner he just happens to run a professional shop out of it!

Can't say I really see the need to start a thread on a $5 set of nut drivers that are probably worth $0.50

I am actually going to go to Tractor Supply this weekend to check out their pellets, pellet stoves and while I am there I am going to pick up that set lol

As Harbor Freight versus other stuff. I have bought lots of things from there and never had a problem. For the average homeowner there is absolutely no need to buy top of the line tools imho.

I am actually going to go to Tractor Supply this weekend to check out their pellets, pellet stoves and while I am there I am going to pick up that set lol

As Harbor Freight versus other stuff. I have bought lots of things from there and never had a problem. For the average homeowner there is absolutely no need to buy top of the line tools imho.

Agreed

I like HF too, but I did not see this set there either, sometimes TSC has good stuff too.

Status
Not open for further replies.