Nickw cabin/house build

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gearhead660

Minister of Fire
Dec 20, 2018
Southern WI
Looks like its coming alone nicely. I would like to retire to a place up north, need to warm up the wife to that idea. How far north is the "cabin"?

NickW

Minister of Fire
Oct 16, 2019
SE WI
Looks like its coming alone nicely. I would like to retire to a place up north, need to warm up the wife to that idea. How far north is the "cabin"?
Rhinelander. Love it. Minocqua reminds me of The Dells and Door County - too touristy. Rhinelander is redneck but decent. Has a Menards, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, Walmart and Aldi. Fleet Farm is going to build too from what I hear. What else is needed?!?!

Gearhead660

Minister of Fire
Dec 20, 2018
Southern WI
Been up there a couple times. Nice area. Can't get much further north in WI than that!

Reactions: clancey and NickW