No fires here on Turkey Day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pulldownclaw

Feeling the Heat
Mar 2, 2007
Richmond, Va
It's supposed to be 74 here tomorrow! :gulp: My Father in law will be po'd, he's from Nebraska, and he wants it to be cold on Thanksgiving! Something about it being Un-American to have a warm Thanksgiving...

Oh well, my insert isn't installed yet, but I am planning on getting it done over the long weekend, and it will cool down enough for a fire by the time I'm done. Have a good holiday everyone, and burn one for me! ;-P

i'm bumming myself. i was looking forward to a nice fire (or two) with company over tomorrow.
the times i've pushed the limit in the past and done it anyway we end up getting cooked out!

happy thanksgiving to all

yea too warm today and tomorrow for a fire... good to have a nice day after a week of rain.

Not long to wait though claw. The Old Dominion becomes the Cold Dominion Friday night when we get down to 23 in my neck of the woods.

Of course I like that wood right where it is at. Sitting out there on the woodpile. Warm is a good thing, there is enough cold coming eventually to go around.

I had to crank the pellet unit up higher last night.......

Low of 17 at my house....at that temp the metal siding and roofing of the house gets a layer of frost on it.

As much as I like a nice warm fire, I would rather be out Striper fishing, or out on one of my motorcycles .....Jim

High 50's forecasted for tomorrow.
Planned on shutting down the pellet stove tonight
before going to bed anyway because it needs
a cleaning so the timing couldn't have been better.

BrotherBart said:
Not long to wait though claw. The Old Dominion becomes the Cold Dominion Friday night when we get down to 23 in my neck of the woods.

Of course I like that wood right where it is at. Sitting out there on the woodpile. Warm is a good thing, there is enough cold coming eventually to go around.
Bart,you better get that one in the back
yard going so you can smoke that bird :coolsmirk:

Or do you all down south deep fry dat dag bird. :lol:

Yeah, looks to be too warm, although maybe Thursday night and definitely Friday. We're building a shed this weekend so I hope its not too cool.

budman said:
Or do you all down south deep fry dat dag bird. :lol:

I love my fried chicken but I have never tasted fried turkey. Won't be smoking anything but Marlboros tomorrow it appears. The truck just broke and so there goes most of the day.

We were up on the roof today in T-shirts cleaning the chimney. Upper 60's here in S. Jersey and the weird thing is that most of the leaves are still hanging to the trees. Usually by Holloween they are down and ready to be raked. We've had 2 bad years of gypsy moth infestation and I wonder if that is a potential reason. The other thing is that we haven't had a killing frost so the darn lawn is still growing too.

We will be setting a small fire tonite in the stove just to take the chill off. Did I mention we are cold weather WUSS's?

Happy Thanksgiving to all,
Jim & Kathy

Been burning all day here and no end in sight at the moment. High today was about 41* and we're under a snow advisory for tonight into tomorrow morning. As usual they are "not sure" but depending on how it swings could be 0" - 4" (at this point; my usual interpretation is 0" - 16").

Looks like it might not go out until spring.

:cheese: Snow here in eastern Ontario last night, and they are calling for more from now till Fri. gotta love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.