No heat needed today! Anyone else out there?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VCBurner

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2010
Templeton, MA
We had a high of 42f outside. The house was 71 this morning, but the fire had long gone out. By noon it had reached 68. I openned the shades on our big picture window to let the sun warm up the house to 70.
Right now we are at 68. I have not had the fire going at all today for the first time since October or November! Kind of feels good, as much as I love the fire!! I'll probably go downstairs and light it up as soon as I see 67 on the thermostat (or maybe I'll just go without just to see what happens with our low of 26 tonight.)

No heating of any form today, except the sun. Have any of you gone without any heating today?

No power here in Southern Ontario this morning.... not too cold, approx 30.... but we DO need heat. So the gas fireplace is going hot in the basement...... can'T wait for hte spring to be On with a lot of sun shining....

Lucky you...

Status
Not open for further replies.