No matter which way that North wind blows, she's cold!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LLigetfa

Minister of Fire
Nov 9, 2008
NW Ontario
Temperature dropping like a stone. -20C already forcast to go down to -29C. That's -20F for you southerners.

LLigetfa said:
Temperature dropping like a stone. -20C already forcast to go down to -29C. That's -20F for you southerners.

tsk,tsk, just another post to make me smile about where I live. 46F here today, and 42F forcast for tonight.

Lordy, it is truly nice to be living here in Canada`s California--specially on this little island of paradise.

My most unsincere condolences--old boy :lol:

ps-sorry, just couldn`t help it :smirk:

PFFT! Well... I'll take the cold any day over the rain rain rain that some parts of BC get.

In my younger years I used to work pipeline construction and always preferred winter work to working in the rain or the heat.

Now, I just toss another log on the fire and worry that if I don't stage it just right, I might have a build-up of coals and not be able to keep the house warm enough. When it drops to -40, it becomes quite a log staging science to keep the gas furnace from coming on.

Actually, for some reason with this warm spell, we've also been remarkably dry. Rainfall is well below last year and average. It's been delightful, 50F outside now as I type. But it's confusing the heck out of the trees and plants.

LLigetfa said:

It aint cold out Till its -36C thats when mechanical problems start and a block heater becomes necessary. Southern Boy.
No sympathy from me. :)

We do see temps drop to around -40 so I'm no stranger to the cold. The stove is holding its own but I've been letting it drop a degree to 73F before reloading it to let the coals burn down so that I'll still have room to stoke it for overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.