No more double wall pipe enclosed in wall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokoni

Nov 28, 2005
The chimney people came and removed the double wall pipe from behind the wall. This is after I tore my nearly finished wall down! They extended the stainless steel t connector to connect into the double wall that runs into my stove. Now the stainless will be the only thing hidden behind the wall. Now, just to do the wall again-this time with wonderboard. Feeling better about the set-up. If anyone senses any problems I'd appreciate the tips.

Nokoni said:
The chimney people came and removed the double wall pipe from behind the wall. This is after I tore my nearly finished wall down! They extended the stainless steel t connector to connect into the double wall that runs into my stove. Now the stainless will be the only thing hidden behind the wall. Now, just to do the wall again-this time with wonderboard. Feeling better about the set-up. If anyone senses any problems I'd appreciate the tips.

That sounds better. In this case, I don't think there was any fire danger but it was not really exactly up to spec. The way you have it now is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.