No smell and now not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of stoves stop the power to the augur motor when the hopper is open some even have switches that require the firebox door be closed before the stove will start, and so forth.

kykel said:
my point was that it was working properly - hood open off hood closed on but auger not turning

Check the voltage across the auger motor if the thing isn't delivering pellets.

Your stove may also require that it see the firebox and ash pan doors closed and latched.

kykel said:
my point was that it was working properly - hood open off hood closed on but auger not turning

So its back to square 1. Shucks!

Last check is the connections. If there good. I think its something I don't want to say!

kykel said:
When I turn on the stove the lid is open. when I put the lid down you can clearly hear the auger motor go on. open lid motor stops close lid motor goes on. I assume the fuse is for the motor so why does it run and auger not turn? There is no jam because if you jump it out they both run fine. smokey thought maybe not enough voltage being delivered to motor

Ok, it sure sounds like you didn't get the auger motor coupler back together right. The motor is coming on, but it's not feeding pellets. The coupler has a setscrew/bolt that connects it properly to the auger shaft. Sounds like the shaft is not connected to the motor. This is why you hear the motor come on, but no pellets fall. The motor is spinning, but not spinning the shaft. Please check this coupler carefully and report back.

Edit: It's either this, or the motor is bad and is capable of moving when you don't have pellets, but is not strong enough to move in the friction of a hopper full of pellets.

problem solved Was the fuse. Thanks for all your help. I guess there is a fuse for motor and one for auger. When the auger jamed it blew the fuse. I know someone mentioned to check the fuse. I guess I overlooked the obvious.

Thanks again

Whew! I hope you get a chance to sit by the fire! You earned it. And thanks for hangin in there.

Couple of questions, How hard was it to get at the fuse?

Are you using a pellet that has real long ones?

Nice Fix Guys. Love this place.

Kykel, enjoy that stove you earned a backrub a cold beverage and chili with beans for getting that baby burning today.

---Nailer---

j
Im using newp from someone who isnt using pellet stove anymore. I got them for 1 dollar each, 10 bags. dont know how old but seemed to be normal lengths. I dont get much flame hight on a 3 setting. hope its the pellets. My burn pot is very tall witch hides the flame somewhat. Dont know if your omega is the same.

j

Forgot to mention that fuse panel is very easy to get to. Open the right side panel and its right there. nothing in the way.

Wonder why they jammed, Usually its long ones that jam the auger. Anyway, Glad it was simple and glad you had a spare fuse handy!!!

Hope your sitting by it and enjoying a cool beverage of you choice! ;-)

on a side note about the hopper safety switch, when i first ran my stove for this season the stove went through the start up process but no pellets dropped. thought about it for a few minutes, checked the obvious possibilities, then opened the hopper lid and checked that switch. sure enough, the holding nut had come loose in the summer. once i tightened it with my fingers and closed the lid, everything was fine. weird how sensitive that switch is.

Glad you got her going again! Look on the bright side...now you know a lot more about the stove. Better to know now, than to be learning during the dead of winter in emergency mode. :)

flynfrfun said:
Glad you got her going again! Look on the bright side...now you know a lot more about the stove. Better to know now, than to be learning during the dead of winter in emergency mode. :)

I suspect that by the way the boss lady was acting this may have been emergency mode.

Ha! I forgot about that Smokie, you're right! :lol:

flynfrfun said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
flynfrfun said:

I suspect that by the way the boss lady was acting this may have been emergency mode.

Ha! I forgot about that Smokie, you're right! :lol:

Trust me! If the boss is cold? Its an emergency! :ahhh:

I just went through it on Saturday morning! Still in the dog shack, Will be there all week. :red:

"Move over little dog, the Big Dog's comin' in!"

Status
Not open for further replies.