northern lights; no pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperdave

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2010
Michigan's U.P.
just want to say thanks to bogydave and all the others way up there that left their "yard lights" on the other evening...we had a great show of northern lights down here in the u.p. keep up the good work and send some more down!!
are the ice worms out yet??

Dave, that is one of the things I miss most about the UP is the northern lights. Lake Superior really helps out on that. We don't get to see them much down here.

My father worked 2nd shift at a factory when I was a kid. I remember being somewhere between probably 7 and 10 when he came home one night about 12:30 and woke me up to take me out and see the northern lights. They don't happen very often as far south as I am, lucky to see them every 5 to 10 years with any vigor. Even when they are "good" here, it's nothing compared to the show you folks get. Suppose you earn the show considering the winter you put up with!

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.