Northern Tool 37 Ton Splitter Control Valve?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

embers aplenty

Burning Hunk
Mar 17, 2011
East Tennessee
Hello, I have an older, 2007 model Northstar 37 Ton Log Splitter which I bought used a few years ago. It's done me well but the control valve is starting to leak and will probably get worse.

Mine has an Energy brand valve which I can get a replacement for around $100
http://www.energymfg.com/online-catalog/log-splitter-valve-accessories.html . I can also get a seal kit for about $15 but I'd just about rather start over with a new valve.

I think Northstar started using a Prince valve on the later models. Northern wants $151 plus tax and shipping for a replacement valve. Does anyone know what model Prince valve is used on the 37 ton now? I figure I could save a few bucks if I knew which one to get. From what I've read, Prince seems to be a better valve but I'm not convinced of that either yet. I'm thinking it might be the LS-3000-1 from looking at http://www.prcindustrialonline.com/ls-3000-log-splitter-control-valve/

Any info or advice would be appreciated.o_O

The Energy and Prince LS-3000-1 valves are the most common valves used on log splitters. If you check E-bay or the web I just got a Prince LS-3000-2 WITH 3/4" ports for $77 off E-bay.

The Energy and Prince LS-3000-1 valves are the most common valves used on log splitters. If you check E-bay or the web I just got a Prince LS-3000-2 WITH 3/4" ports for $77 off E-bay.
I also looked at the LS-3000-2 but I think the 37 ton Northstar uses 3/4" in/out ports but 1/2" working ports, but not sure on that. If so, I'd think the LS-3000-1 might be better for my app. But yea, I like that price. Exactly what I was thinking and would way better fit my small budget.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.