Northern tool 4-way splitter wedge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fullbore

Dec 11, 2007
Northeast PA
Has anyone tried the $99.00 slip on 4- way wedges? NT lists it as only available for their own splitters. I'm would think it would fit most major brand splitters...

i have a powertek splitter that has a 4-way wedge on it. not an aftermarket on but an option that i got with it. haven't split too much with it yet but it does seem to work well. some logs will have to be split again depending how big a log your stove will burn but it still saves time. the lower two split logs will always be a good size. its the upper splits that may have to be done depending on the size of the original log. mine had no problem going through well seasoned oak.

Just don't try that 4 way on any Elm.

Thanks for the replies, I think I may just leave the splitter alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.