Not feeding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hoosierdaddy

Feb 20, 2017
Nevada
hello, I recently purchased a used Whitfield advantage II. It worked fine for the first few days and then the convection fan went out. I replaced the fan and the feed started acting up. I replaced the auger motor and it did not help. During the replacement I noticed the bushing on the plate was loose. After doing some reading. And watching a few videos I found out that the loose bushing could be an issue with the auger rotation. I replaced the plate that came with a new bushing. Same issue. I even tried a high temp grease. Same issue.

With the hopper empty the auger spins freely. With the motor out. I can spin the auger freely. I should mention that during all of this if I use a fire place poker and stir up the pellets. It will have a good feed for about 5-10 minutes. Any help would sure be appreciated

hello, I recently purchased a used Whitfield advantage II. It worked fine for the first few days and then the convection fan went out. I replaced the fan and the feed started acting up. I replaced the auger motor and it did not help. During the replacement I noticed the bushing on the plate was loose. After doing some reading. And watching a few videos I found out that the loose bushing could be an issue with the auger rotation. I replaced the plate that came with a new bushing. Same issue. I even tried a high temp grease. Same issue.

With the hopper empty the auger spins freely. With the motor out. I can spin the auger freely. I should mention that during all of this if I use a fire place poker and stir up the pellets. It will have a good feed for about 5-10 minutes. Any help would sure be appreciated

What do you mean by acting up? Not feeding at all? Feeding but then stops after a period of time without the help of the fire place poker (which I would not recommend btw)? Nothing is bent like the feed spring impinging on something? Need more detail on acting up.

I assume you watched this video but if not I suggest you do. It may answer you question.

By acting up I mean that it will stop feeding. Or feed so slow that the fire will actually go out. I am not sure what the feed spring is?

By acting up I mean that it will stop feeding. Or feed so slow that the fire will actually go out. I am not sure what the feed spring is?

Sorry, mine is called a feed spring. I mean auger. Perhaps it is an adjustment on feed rate and not the auger assembly at all. Sounds like you ruled out all the parts of the assembly. Have you changed pellet brands or are they wet perhaps?