Not getting hot enough water through the primary loop

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SIERRADMAX

Feeling the Heat
Jan 13, 2011
RI
I've been running the Econoburn for a week now. I can see the added benefit for storage but not in the cards for this year. Maybe non-pressurized next year. My plumbing configuration is a near boiler loop, single circulator on the return with a thermostatic mixing valve. I have temp gauges all over. I've been leaving the setpoint on the Econoburn to 185. I have a temp gauge a foot or so above in the supply piping and it's within a couple degrees when the w.b. gets up to temp. I installed temp gauges a couple feet beyond the primary loop piping and I've never seen supply temps above 170, return temps 160. Any pointers? I've played around with the ball valve (fake circuit setter) just prior to the mixing valve but the only time I can get higher temps is by closing completely thus diverting all pumped water into the primary loop.

I don't know if my problem is the same as what you have, but I found i need to get 170 at my manifold before I call for heat or my boiler has difficulty getting the temp up (empyre elite 100).

Status
Not open for further replies.