Not playing around last three days.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarmisle

Sep 28, 2022
Ohio
55 to 70 mph winds wind chills -35 to - 55 degrees, I brought in the big guns, black locust, osage orange and apple, the Blaze king loved it, house never dropped below 74 degrees, definitely brutal in Northeast Ohio. Could have burned oak, or hickory just as good but there's something about this stash that I can't resist burning in this type of weather plenty of it, most ten years or older out of weather in buildings.

np.jpeg

I also brought out the hardwood when the cold wave started out here. We went through a week's worth of wood in 3 days during the coldest part.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Chewing through splits and rounds here as well. Indoor furnace is so full of coals, I've hardly put any wood in today. Just faster burning splits with increased air.

Nice thing is the 4' deep firebox. I like feeding it 36'' long rounds of various species and diameters. I mix the faster burning with my favorite hardwoods during the day. Locust, oaks, and hickory in these polar freeze ups, day and night.