Not sure of Model Intrepid 2 & cat conv. questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Texas Bob

Jan 15, 2020
San Juan Islands, Wa
Intrepid 2----model # 1303----I found a manual for 1308, not 1303, but I'm sure it says 1303
----date manufactured---1838 ---yes I know, this isn't a date, but it is what is stamped
----on inside fire box is stamped 1987

Can anyone verify there was a Model 1303?

Does the Catalytic conv. install with holes vertical or Horizontal?
Can the stove be run without it installed?

Thanks fotr any help and info---Bob

I think the date stamp might mean the 183d day of 1988. Woodman's has a 1303 listed. They say:
Manufactured from July 1987 through March 1990. Has Geisser testing lab label. Catalyst access is on the back of the stove only. Double pane glass.
It looks like the catalyst sits face up. Check with them to see if it needs an interam gasket.

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 12.33.17 PM.png

I think the date stamp might mean the 183d day of 1988. Woodman's has a 1303 listed. They say:
Manufactured from July 1987 through March 1990. Has Geisser testing lab label. Catalyst access is on the back of the stove only. Double pane glass.
It looks like the catalyst sits face up. Check with them to see if it needs an interam gasket.

View attachment 255273
Thanks so much, I will look at this later tonight....back to work now--Thanks agsin--Bob