Nozzle Overlay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sparky

Feb 24, 2012
Southern Vermont
I have been reading about using SS overlay on the nozzle. Had a few questions. Has anybody done this to a Econoburn boiler? If so did you use a slot or holes? What was your result? I have a Econoburn 100 and I have repaired my nozzle using high temp furnace cement. I works but you have to keep it up. The last time I did a repair I used some refractory I had left over after my first nozzle replacement (1st nozzle only last a year??) Econoburn sent me a new one. That one is working really well but still have seen some wear. (burn a lot of oak?)
So I would like to try a SS overlay and see how that works. Thanks for your imput.