Number of bolts for Woodstock Keystone blockoff plate?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darl Bundren

Jan 9, 2008
WNC
I was readying my stove and chimney for a season of burning today, and when I went to remove the blockoff plate at the rear of my Keystone, I saw only two bolts holding the plate in place. There are four holes. I seem to remember having four bolts, but if the two disappeared, I am not sure what happened to them.

The stove has four bolts securing the blockoff plate, doesn't it?

Ooop! Yet another chance to demonstrate my exceptional mental faculties... The heat shield retaining bolts occupy the other two holes. And this after sending my better half off to the store for extas. If you're ever in the market, 1/4 - 20 x 1" flat head machine screws are what you need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.