Nwebie

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GHCPNY

Oct 29, 2022
My new to me house has an Enviro M55 pellet stove and I've downloaded the manual online. I thoroughly cleaned the stove and found that the convection fan was broken. That was replaced after some frustration and I've installed a programmable thermostat. I fired it up and it has burned well at times but at others not so well. I'm using the high/low setting when starting the stove but I never seem to get the same feed/heat rates. Should I be starting the stove in manual mode then switch it over to the high/low setting? The manual is not a plethora of useful information! Thanks!

If there is no call for heat from the stat the stove will start in low fire mode.
To get the stove to ramp up you need a heat call from the stat.
Say it is 70 in your home and the stat is satisfied (set at 70 or below )
the stove starts and stays on low fire. If it were 65 and the stat wants
70 then the stove would ramp up to high fire.
I know clear as mud

Different brand of stove, but I've never had much luck in thermostat mode. It is the layout of the house impacting air movement, causing the same kind of issues but I never gave it more than a week to two. I consider the stove room like an oven and the warmer it is the more it will push out.

Reactions: nmgal
Yes the Tstat is calling for heat. I set it on hold while I troubles this thing. Sometimes I get a good flame and other times the stove will go go out and I get a #3 code. I vacuumed out the hopper and I don't see any obstructions in the feed tube. I've changed to some fresher pellets that we purchased and now I can't get the pellet type selection to stay on the premium setting. It reverts back to the regular setting.? Really dumbfounded with this stove!!! Grrr!

Yes the Tstat is calling for heat. I set it on hold while I troubles this thing. Sometimes I get a good flame and other times the stove will go go out and I get a #3 code. I vacuumed out the hopper and I don't see any obstructions in the feed tube. I've changed to some fresher pellets that we purchased and now I can't get the pellet type selection to stay on the premium setting. It reverts back to the regular setting.? Really dumbfounded with this stove!!! Grrr!
Oh my gosh, I can't get the pellet type selection to change and stay on the changed setting! Did you ever figure it out? I've never felt so inept in my life!