NZ 26 ???????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucknduck

Jan 12, 2015
Montana
I have a new Napoleon nz 26 that I've been using pretty steady all winter. Want to clean the chimney. Need some info and tips from people who have this stove.
Do I need to remove the upper fire bricks and fire baffles when cleaning to allow soot to fall into stove? Or is there a way to avoid taking it all apart? Or should I take it apart to clean the area above the bricks?

I read the manual about removing the bricks. It's not very detailed could use some more detailed pics. Just don't want to screw anything up but don't want to pay to have it done. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the baffle bricks will need to be removed. The first year I would pay a certified sweep to do this and ask him to show you how the bricks are removed and put back in place. The instructions look pretty good, but a little complicated. Be sure the sweep reads them first. The fiber parts may be somewhat fragile.

I'm guessing the baffle bricks will need to be removed. The first year I would pay a certified sweep to do this and ask him to show you how the bricks are removed and put back in place. The instructions look pretty good, but a little complicated. Be sure the sweep reads them first. The fiber parts may be somewhat fragile.

Ya I was contemplating getting a sweep to do it. Was thinking I would save some money myself since I'm unemployed for a month or so.

If you have the equipment and are patient and thorough then you should be ok. The main thing will be to follow the sequence. I would also take pictures and maybe notes along the way. These could be helpful then next time.

I will give them a call heat that's a good idea.

I'm gonna give re a go worst that happens is I screw it up and have to order parts.

Thanks for the info guys

Status
Not open for further replies.