O°F April 8th

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BoiledOver

Minister of Fire
Apr 14, 2013
43°58'55 N - 85°20' W
Can ya feel the cool today? We had 0°F at sunup. Yesterday at sunup was was 8°F.

Robins were abundant two weeks ago with spring in the air. They are now in jeopardy of starving with the 8" of snow cover and sub freezing temps, no insects or worms to be had and all the berries were consumed last fall. The only thing I see for them is the sumac and that is looking thinner as the hours tick away.

It has been darn cold for this time of year around here, as well. Woke to 17F this morning and highs and lows have been consistently 15F below normal for several weeks. Supposed to get a break mid week, well...thats after a couple inches of snow on Monday.

It was 24 yesterday way down here and we got about 1/2" of snow. Probably killed my garden, dang it. Today's 45, but Wednesday will be over 80. Gotta love it.

We had -4 this morning. I shoveled a couple feet of blown snow covering some rounds I cut up a few weeks ago. It was 56 that day and I worked in a t shirt. Bibs and boots to split them today.. Haha I love Wisconsin!

ugh.

was 23 when I went to work this morning. couple more inches yesterday been out of wood for a month, really tired of this year

23 for a high today and a foot of new snow and it’s still coming down but they say we will be in the 40’s by the 20th.

There was some snow falling down here this morning. Temp was near freezing. Loaded up a mix of red oak, locust, and bois d'arc before I left the house.