OAK Termination

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.. All sealed up.. Lots of areas that were leaking, including areas inside the stove that were not properly sealed by the factory. Enviro really needs to boost or do a better job with their quality control. I am not the first to have leaks in areas other than the exhaust pipe.

libirm said:
Hey Cuz looks good-
Where did you get the 4in to 3in reducer?

Im not too sure. Billy from Brickfix installed it. I think he got it at Home Depot.

vinny11950 said:
Looking good, real good, Vin.

Though I am not sure why the installer used 4 inch duct instead of 3 inch. Maybe it will draft better.

The install looks complete, though. You just have to put a wire on the vent hood and a trim on the inside of the OAK duct. Congratulations.

Are you liking the heat? Hasn't been that cold in LI lately to really put it to the test. Gives you time to work out the issues.

Are you still smell smoke on start up?

What brand/type exhaust vent is that?

Thanks Vinny. Heat is great. Just have to get the heat out of the room its in and into the rest of the house. No more smoke. Billy was just here and sealed it all up. There were lots of leaks..Hope Enviro does a better job with quality control in the future.

What brand/type exhaust vent is that?[/quote]

I think he said Duravent, but not too sure. I know he said they were using a silicone seal in the pipes and now they changed to a weld, but they still leak.

cuznvin said:
I think he said Duravent, but not too sure. I know he said they were using a silicone seal in the pipes and now they changed to a weld, but they still leak.

I have a question, what was leaking the venting or the stove?

SmokeyTheBear said:
cuznvin said:

I have a question, what was leaking the venting or the stove?

Both...

Status
Not open for further replies.