I've been burning Red Oak that was split and stacked from spring 2010- summer 2010. been getting super nice, hot, long burns from it...until this week. I must have found the later split stuff because I am having a heck of a time with reloads and burn times have dropped off a bit. Of course I noticed this after I loaded the front porch with about 1/3 cord! Last night I tried some Black Locust that was scheduled for next year and it seems ready now. All I have to do is move the 1/3 cord Red Oak back to the stack and reload the front porch with BL. Gonna be a PIA in the forecast foot of snow. I guess that's what I get for trying to cheat with Red Oak. I'm sure it will be ready next year.