Odd main handle wear - Napoleon EPI3T

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

josephxsxn

Apr 16, 2021
Michigan
Hi everyone,

I was wanting to see if anyone has ever experienced any problems like this. This is my second winter with my EPI3T wood stove insert. Frankly I greatly dislike this insert and feel for the price it's failed to perform and support from Napoleon is weak at best...

This week the door refused to stay latched shut. It had been getting progressively easier to open and close as if as not as tight but then suddenly would just refuse to stay latched down. Upon inspecting the handle latch it looks like the bump on it has flatted over time. This is really shocking to me as it's only been two seasons with this EPI3T and my Liberty Lopi stove has no such issue, which uses a different type of handle.

See attached photos. You can see the iron/steel filings where the bump used to be. Any ideas what may have caused this and how to prevent it in the future?

PXL_20220207_133555049.jpg PXL_20220207_133548362.jpg PXL_20220207_133544418.jpg

Just wanted to update folks that while no reason was given to me for the wear by Napoleon they did approve a warrenty claim for the replacement parts.

And again folks if your gonna get this unit check out some of my other posts, I would never recommend it to anyone, nor would I ever buy a single Napoleon branded product again in my life the quality just isn't there. This is a looker not a cooker...

Reactions: MAD MARK