Odd Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

realstihl

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2007
eastern kansas
I have an odd problem. The front tube on my Drolet twists some after a few days of running. It's not really a big deal but the holes slowly start moving up so the secondary flame is blasting away at the baffle board. It is starting to erode it on the front edge. Thought about maybe using a hose clamp or something to keep it in position. They don't use pins or screws to position it. The tube is notched so it's kind of like a twist-lock. Thanks!

I think I'd drill it an pin it with a long stainless cotter pin.

Does the tube slip over a collar or does it insert into a socket?

No collar. Goes directly in the side of square tubing.

Hmm, I see. Wondering if you could start a clearance hole near the tube entry then switch to a smaller bit and angle the drill up and into the tube so that you could run a stainless sheet metal screw through it. Wouldn't take a big screw, maybe a #6 x 3/4"?

I've got a few ideas. I'll over engineer something. I need to use the tig welder when I go to work tomorrow. :)

weld a flange on, then drill a hole through the flange and & side it sits in, then screw it to the side. Done

If you have a tig you are all set. I bet it would not take much - just enough counter weight to keep it in position. If the tig doesn't work just position two heavy stainless screws on the clock face so that when they are at 6 your holes are at 3 or 4 or whatever time you want it to be besides midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.